Rara Lake Tour Cost for Indian and Nepali Travellers
Rara Lake tour is one of the most stunning and marvelous overland tour in the Himalayan zone lies of northwest of Kathmandu valley in the isolated regions of Mugu and Karnali. Rara Lake Jeep tour is a great choice to those travelers who are looking for wilderness and beautiful overland tour in Nepal. From Surkhet you will totally drive off road. Many times you will cross small rivers, local villages, beautiful cliffs, forest and more natural beauties.
- Detailed Itinerary
- Dates & Cost
- Trip Info
- Check List
|Day 1||Arrival at the Kathmandu airport.|
|Day 2||Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (1hrs) and transfer to Hotel.|
|Day 3||Drive to Surkhet to Kalikot 6hrs by 4wd jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 4||Drive to Sinja Valley 5hrs by 4wd Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 5||Drive to Rara Lake by 4wd Jeep – 4hrs. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 6||Full day exploration of Rara Lake. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 7||Drive back to Jumla by 4wd Jeep. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 8||Drive back Jumla to Kalikot by 4wd Jeep – 6 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 9||Drive back Kalikot to Nepaljung by 4wd Jeep – 7 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse.|
|Day 10||Fly back Nepaljung to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.|
|Day 11||Final departure transfer to airport.|
Note: If above itinerary couldn’t meet your needs, we can design a tailor-made itinerary to suit your needs. It is also possible to combine with some other activities such as white water rafting and Everest mountain flight.
Departure Dates & Cost
- Airport pick up and drop by private car/van/bus depend on group.
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast basis.
- 2 nights accommodation in Nepaljung with bed and breakfast basis.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during Rara Jeep Tour.
- All necessary paper works and permits.
- 4WD Jeep Nepaljung to Rara Lake to Nepaljung by Toyota Landcruser.
- All accommodations in stander available lodges/tea houses.
- An experienced Government licensed guide and helper.
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and driver.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Fare well dinner with typical Nepali restaurant.
- All government taxes.
- International Airfare and Nepal visa fees.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs).
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early return form mountain or late departure than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Temple and monastery entry permit fees.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned above.
Kathmandu to Rara Lake trek is a moderate to easy level trek. Hence, it is ideal for beginners as well. Both the length and altitude reached on the trek is not extreme on this trek. Kathmandu to Rara Tour involves long hours in the vehicle. It is not a difficult journey but can be a scary experience for some. Feel free to ask the driver to slow down or you can choose to walk through these sections (10-15 mins). You will also be sitting for long durations. Hence, take short breaks when you want to stretch and relax your muscles. Some sections have long winding roads. If you are prone to motion sickness, be sure to prepare beforehand.
For treks, make sure to carry all the essential trekking equipment and supplies for a high altitude trek. For tours, carry enough clothes to last the journey. Also pack your toiletries, documents, sleeping bag, tent. You can also include snacks to enjoy during the journey. Plus, pack your clothes depending on the season you travel in.
Trekking guides are mandatory for treks to Rara Lake. Rara Lake falls in the restricted region of treks in Nepal. Hence, according to Laws of the Government of Nepal, any trekker wishing to trek here must have a guide. When you hire one, make sure s/he is licensed and experienced.
The cost of your trip from Kathmandu to Rara lake depends on the following things: Accommodation, Meals, and Drinks Size of group Modes of Transportation used Length of the trip.
You need the following permits for this trek: TIMS card: NPR 1000 (around US$ 10) per person Rara National Park Entry Permit: US $34 including VAT
Yes, it is ok and they really get a kick out of seeing themselves in print. So if you take photographs, please take copies and post them back that will make sure they get delivered back to the people on one of your treks. But it is better to take permission from them before taking photographs. Sometimes they may angry in taking photos without asking them.
Tipping is expected - though not compulsory - and shows an expression of satisfaction with the people who have assisted you on your tour. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels. There are several times during the trip where there is opportunity to tip the local guides or drivers you use. Recommendations for tipping guides/porter would range from 5 -7 USD per person per day depending on the quality and length of the service.
Yes. Insurance is compulsory on all trek regions for your safety. When selecting a travel insurance policy please bear in mind that all clients must have medical coverage and that we require a minimum coverage of USD 200,000 for repatriation and emergency rescue. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
We first concerned about your security, comfort and entertainment during the trip . We highly care about your health and your comfort . Do not need to worry about this during the trip , we take care after you .
Ask your question.